Recap of key concepts and principles of TQM:
Total Quality Management (TQM) is an approach to quality management that aims to involve every employee in the continuous improvement process, and improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and flexibility of an organization. Some of the key concepts and principles of TQM include:
- Customer focus: TQM places a strong emphasis on understanding and meeting customer needs and expectations.
- Continuous improvement: TQM is an ongoing process of improvement, with a focus on eliminating waste, reducing defects, and improving processes.
- Employee involvement: TQM requires the involvement and commitment of all employees, from top management to front-line workers.
- Data-driven decision making: TQM is based on data and facts, with decisions made based on objective analysis of data.
- Leadership: TQM requires strong leadership from top management, who are responsible for setting the direction and culture of the organization.