I’m on a path of being an experienced and socially recognizable professional in the industry as well as in the society while doing my best for the country and to the industry I work in.
I am always eager to learn new tools, technologies, trends in the industry and other to improve my skills and expertise. And also I always try to spread the knowledge I gained to others through various media such as ebooks, blogging articles, etc.
QUALITY ASSURANCE EXECUTIVE – LANKA WALLTILES PLC (2011.12 TO PRESENT)
- Administration and overlooking the Glaze Preparation Section.
- Carrying out root cause analysis for glaze related defects.
- Attending to the Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities of the Ceramic wall tiles manufacturing process, ensuring the specified quality are maintained of the in-process and final products.
- Monitoring, assisting and coordinating all R & D activities related with product quality improvements, materials testing, new developments, etc.
- Advising and supervising the R & D team for laboratory activities in relate with testing for quality improvements, new materials, etc.
- Developing of ISO manuals, procedures, plans, work instructions, operational controls, etc.
- Coordinating ISO 9001, ISO 14001, CE Mark, Green Label certifications inside the factory and head office.
- Scheduling and conducting internal Audits with relate to ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) Pillar, Assistant Pillar Leader.
- Assisting in-house and external special projects related to process/product improvements.
- Keeping close contacts with external service providers/institutions related to testing, calibration, foreign raw materials suppliers, local raw materials suppliers, etc.
- Preparing training schedules, programmes and presentations for undergraduates, sales teams, shop floor operatives, etc.
- Conducting Training programmes / presentations (To Engineers, Undergraduates, Marketing/Sales teams, Technical Collage students, factory operatives, etc) on ISO systems, technical characteristics of tiles, Green Concepts, etc.
- Secretary for Factory Operations Meetings, Management Review Meetings.
QUALITY ASSURANCE EXECUTIVE – MAGA ENGINEERING (PVT) LTD (2011-02 TO 2011.12)
- Developing ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 documentations related to construction Sites.
- Assisting the Quality Assurance Manager to conduct related audits at constructions sites.
- Keeping close contacts with the ISO systems coordinators at the constructions sites and assist them.
ENGINEERING TRAINEE – LANKA WALLTILES MEEPE (PVT) LTD (2008.10 TO 2009.04)
- Studied the production process, planning, management activities, HR activities, Quality Assurance and control.
- Carried out 2 projects for improving quality inspections of ball clay and root cause analysis for a selected glaze surface defect.
- Workshop on Quantification of Organizational and Product “Carbon Foot Print” calculation and “Product Life Cycle Assessment” (National Cleaner Production Centre – 2019)
- Certificate Course in “Total Productive Maintenance and Management” (TPM) (Institute of Lean Management – 2018)
- Associate Professional Course on Green Construction (Green Building Council of Sri Lanka – 2016)
- Certificate in Quality Management (Sri Lanka Standards Insitution – 2015)
- Workshop on “Institutional Carbon Footprint Calculations” (Green Building Council of Sri Lanka – 2019)
- Workshop in Internal Auditing as per ISO 9001:2015 (Sri Lanka Standards Insitution – 2018)
- KAIZEN – Train the Trainer (Institute of Lean Management – 2018)
- Workshop on hands on experience of Advance Testing Equipment (Industrial Technology Institute – 2014)
- Workshop on Environmental Aspect Evaluation and Identification as per ISO 14001 (Sri Lanka Standards Insitution – 2013)
- Workshop on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment as per OHSAS 18001 (Sri Lanka Standards Insitution – 2012)
- Workshop on Internal Auditing as per ISO 9001:2008 (Sri Lanka Standards Insitution – 2012)
- Workshop on Basic and Emergency First Aid (P & A Insurance – 2017)
- Workshop on Introduction to SA8000 (Maga Engineering Internal workshop – 2011)
BSc. in Materials Science and Engineering (Hons) – Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa
Graduated in year 2010 with a Second Class Lower
G. C. E. Advanced Level (Royal College, Colombo)
Successfully completed in Physical Sciences Stream with Combined Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics with 2.14 Z Score.
Memberships and Interactions with Professional Institutions
GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL OF SRI LANKA
Research Team Member
Reviewing and revising of the “National Green(SL) Rating System Tool” for better built environment Version 1.0.
Team Leader for “Sustainable materials” section of the rating system.
Associate Professional (Green SL (R) AP) (2016 to Present)
INSTITUTE OF MATERIALS ENGINEERS – SRI LANKA
Committee member for the Institute of Materials Engineers – Sri Lanka. (Feb 2014 – Present)
INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERS – SRI LANKA
Associate Member – AMIE (SL) (2011.01 to Present)
Activities out of professional engagements
Student Mentor – Akura.org (2018 to present)
Assisting university undergraduates to overcome their fears in relate to academic activities and help them to plan their academic life and future career.
Sinhalese & English Blogger and Writer
- Writing about Green Concepts on http://buildgreensl.blogspot.com
- Writing about Stock trading on http://www.guidetocse.com
- Writing about Career Guidance on http://careerguidancelk.blogspot.com
- Writing about Entrepreneurship on http://tyroclub.blogspot.com
- Writing about new technologies, concepts on my persona blogs.
Organizer and Techno Exhibition (2011 to 2013)
Organizing the work and managing the students and the stall for “Junior Inventor of the Year Competition” for Techno Exhibition, for the years of 2011, 2012 and 2013
Download my complete CV
Want to know more info? You can download my complete Curriculum Vitae using this link, or request my CV and I will send you the latest one via email.